Sunday, October 8, 2017

Watt? Wattpad

IMAGE: By Wattpad Technology Inc. [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons







A few years ago a student of mine introduced me to Wattpad, a reading/writing/share site. I joined but didn't do much with it. Now that I am working on my second fiction book, I thought, why not share the first one on Wattpad?

It helps to see that highly respected authors like Margaret Atwood are using Wattpad for that same purpose.

Also, this would be an easy way to share the first book with some of my students, so that they won't have to buy it. It's not that it's not worth buying; it's just not every person has the money to do so.

I am a little worried that I'll get those nasty troll comments that sometimes happen on some websites. We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment